Monday, July 2, 2012

Heather's Journal #5 - "Tolerating a Smile" (By Me) (that would be Heather, not Mom)



5
“Tolerating a Smile” (By Me)

I’m restless to believe I’ll be okay
That the storm ahead won’t come my way

Where is my success from my attempts not to fail?
Unlock these chains and set me free from this jail

A life spent searching for the end of the rainbow
Is what I have perfected hoping no one will ever know

I can’t shake the voices or mental pictures
And I can’t block out the lingering whispers

Steady urges go un-filled
While tears are forever set still

Standing in silence the rain starts to fall
Come let it pour and I’ll get through the worse of it all

I’ll figure life out and who I’m destined to become
But I refuse to run away from this storm above

No comments:

Post a Comment