Sunday, July 22, 2012

Heather's Journal #25 - "Life is Good" - 11-18-07


25
“Life is Good”
11-18-07

Omygah! Wahoo! I just got back from this absolutely amazing church retreat!  Wow.  Can I just get an amen?  Lol.  I met some awsum people but I mostly hung out w/ Misty, Kat, Bryan & Wesson.  Bryan & Wesson r so amazing!  It made me really realize what different kind of guys are out there.  I’m still never getting married but – idk… you think maybe there’s a guy out there who could change my mind?  I’m beginning 2 think so cuz maybe, just maybe they’re not all complete boneheads.  Lol. I’m content 4 now though so yippee.

The retreat was amazing.  I can’t even xpress in words how amazing it felt.  I’ve found peace in God that my heart has been longing 4 for months.

I went 2 their late night service & prayed 4 what seemed like hours.  It lasted ‘til 1:30 a.m. and I just cried and prayed.  I really learned how important it is 2 pray & how it makes me feel complete just 2 talk 2 my God.  I can say I found Refuge in God.  :-)  Mac has still been on my heart & I’ve been praying 4 him 4 months now.  I saw him 2day @ church but only for a few minutes. He’s still the same but I still have hope in him.  I’m just waiting and praying.  It’s all I can really do 4 now. 

For now things are good.  I’m happy & restored.  Thank you God – Thank you.  I never wanna waist a second on myself.  I give God my whole heart & my life.  And I find it funny that even my own life still doesn’t measure up 2 what He’s given me.  Oh the blessings in life – How we so don’t deserve them.  But I’ll accept them.  He’s my hero. 

*I will strive 2 be better
In Christ,
Heather Lee


Dear Heather,

Glad to hear you met a different kind of guy. There are many good Godly men in the world who are waiting on their princess!

And I’m glad that you called me at 2:00 a.m. in the morning to ask me questions about some of the things you were learning at the retreat.  I’m especially glad that I was able to help Misty understand that you don’t have to speak in tongues to go to Heaven like one of the young leaders in the restroom told her.  She meant well, but she was enthusiastic and a young leader.  And truthfully, I knew before you went that this church puts a great deal of emphasis on the spiritual  gift of speaking in tongues – which is why I told you that you needed to question everything you heard, ask for verses that support the  position,  compare it to what you understand and talk to us.  I want you to ask questions and learn and understand so that you can form and own your beliefs. 

In any case, I’m thrilled that you felt like it was important enough to wake me up. 

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment