Friday, July 6, 2012

Heather's Journal #11 - "Brokenness" 10-10-07


11
“Brokenness”
10-10-07

I’m home from church.  It was so much fun.  I love church.  It was cracking me up b/c it was exactly what I needed 2 hear.  It was about how God ministers the most through your brokenness.  So we wrote all of our struggles on paper & tore them up.  I wrote about cutting, my need 4 control, worries, questions, tears & uncertainties. 

This weekend has been tough but I think things are starting 2 finally fall into place.  I wanna live completely 4 God.  I want all of me & my whole life 2 count 4 Him.  How could I be as selfish 2 live my life 4 myself when were keeping me from God.  Now I see… I’ve learned & I can’t wait 2 see what God has in store 4 me. 

Oh my gosh, I can’t wait ‘til Refuge.  It’s gonna be amazing.  I find it so funny – the exact moment you think you have everything under control, is the exact moment God really proves you wrong. 

I will strive 2 be better.
In Christ,
Heather Lee


Dear Heather,

Yep.  God’s funny that way.  He has a real sense of humor.  Letting us think we are in charge until we figure out for ourselves that we don’t have it all together!  He’s not trying to torture us.  He just gives us the freedom to make mistakes and he gave us Jesus to cover for the fact that we can’t seem to stop making them.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment