Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Heather's Journal #15 - "Since When" - October 2007



15
“Since When”
October 2007


Since when did I care about how my hair and make up looked?
Since when did I stop running outside to the ice-cream truck?
Since when did the bank not hand me a dum-dum?
Since when were lunchables not enough to fill me up?
Since when did I figure out that cartoons were animated drawings instead of      real people?
Since when could I actually see over the countertops?
Since when did the play place at McDonalds look disgusting rather than the most fun I would have in one day?
Since when did I no longer qualify for a kids menu?
Since when was shut up no longer the “s” word?
Since when did my clothes absolutely positively have to match?
Since when were weekends my hero’s instead of Santa Claus?
Since when did it stop being, “Oh look.  There’s my crush!” and it start being “Yup, there goes the guy I love?”
Since when did I stop being afraid of the dark?
Since when was I interested in reading?
Since when was hot pink not the only color that existed?
Since when did I realize that there is not scary alligator that sleeps under my bed at night?
Since when did I figure out that fairy tales never come true?
Since when was it dad instead of daddy?
Since when did I not look forward to my homework?
Since when did I start thinking so much?
Since when… did I grow up and realize that nothing is as easy as being a little girl again?

No comments:

Post a Comment