Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heather's Journal #13 - "'Enchanted With Minerals for a Pure, Fresh, Taste' 11.11 p.m. YUP. That Was My Wish..." 10-16-07

Note:  Heather found significance in the time 11:11.  She always made a wish and reminded everyone around her to do the same.  I thought it was silly then, and I always wanted to correct her and suggest she "make a prayer" instead. Now that she is gone, those numbers are a reminder to me of the bits of joy she found in daily life.  I miss her.  


13
“'Enchanted (Ha ha) with minerals for a pure fresh taste'"
11:11 P.M.  YUP.  That was my wish…
10-16-07

I am sleepy sleepy sleepy.  2day was coop & the Reeds were there.  Reba made this super cute binder 4 me and got every1 to sign it.  It had pictures & a bunch of our favorite icons in there.  That girl has a way of making sum1's day b/c she definitely made mine.  :-)  I love her.  She's the kinda girl that goes w/ most anything, has a bubbly personality, puts guys on the bottom of her list (@ least a serious relationship) & likes 2 do stupid random things. 

But life – its okay right now.  I’m sore from the soccer tourney but other than that I’m still smiling & mostly happy 2 be alive.  Tomorrow is Wednesday which means youth group!  YESSS! Sorry I just love going 2 church w/ a bunch of teenagers who love God.  That’s where I feel like I fit in.  God must be up there laughing @ me bc I’m such a mess.  Although I completely understand & agree w/ Him.  Lol.  Ah, it’s super late.  Gotta tie it up.  Things are goin’ perty good so that’s all I can ask 4 2day.

I will strive 2 be better.
In Christ
Heather Lee


Dear Heather,

Reba is a great friend.  She’s easy to be around. And I know that you love and benefit from her fun and creative side!  I love her too!  I’ve watched her grow and mature so much from ya’lls crazy crazy younger days --as opposed to your simple insanity now!

Just remember that your job is to build each other up - not tear each other down. And that doesn’t mean you agree with each other all the time.  In fact, a good friend who shares your values will help hold you accountable. You should help each other stay on the right path – not pull each other off. 

It’s so easy when you are friends to keep it light and easy and avoid the tough conversations.  That’s part of peer pressure.  You want to be same as everyone else, but no one really knows who they are because they are all searching and figuring things out too.  Nonetheless, ya’ll follow each other just so you won’t feel different. And sometimes that just leads you down the wrong path or in constant circles getting nowhere.  What a crazy life!

You girls have been friends since you were young and I don’t see it ending anytime soon.  Just remember that a true friend is one who will stand up to you and tell you you’re wrong.  You should never be afraid of being real with a true friend.  She will love you anyway.  Anyone else is just an acquaintance.  And there is a difference.

I’m glad the youth group is a place you feel like you fit in. The rules for youth groups are similar to those for your friends!  Sometimes, youth groups are a great and safe place for teens to find a place to love God, find friends who have similar goals and values, and just have fun! 

Unfortunately, that’s not true of all church youth groups for the same reasons I just mentioned. Typically, youth groups have many young people in different stages of spiritual growth and with vastly different values and standards of conduct. When a whole bunch of crazy teens get together in one place there’s usually no problem having fun. The real question is -- Who’s in charge! The kids or the leaders? If there isn’t solid leadership, great role models, and lots of supervision and accountability – the youth group may be anything but incredible! It’s just one more place to find lots of trouble while pretending to be a good girl! That’s why we went to checked it out for you. We want it to be a positive experience and know that we could trust what they are teaching you!

I love you.
Mom



P.S. Glad to hear you are still smiling & mostly happy to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment