Thursday, July 26, 2012

Heather's Journal #28. "Untitled" 11-26-07.


Note:  A young girl  in our community was killed in an accident at a train track near her high school.  She was riding with 4 other friends.  The driver stopped for the train, but somehow, the car moved onto the tracks and was hit by the train.  Hannah was killed.  It shocked many young people.  Heather didn't personally know her, but knew people that did.  Obviously, Hannah's death made an impression.  Unfortunately, it didn't change Heather's driving habits. From the moment she got her permit, she drove with reckless abandon.  That always scared me. 


28
No Title
11-26-07

Life is coming too fast.  Tomorrow will be Hannah’s 1 year mark of her death.  I never knew her, but I’ve seen pictures & I’ve heard sooo much about her.  I can’t believe it’s already been a whole year… gah.  Well May Hannah rest in peace. :-)  She is chillin’ w/ Jesus – How much luckier can you get?

I can’t wait till 2morrow – I have a cute outfit.  I get 2 c Emily & Misty, my favorite t.v. show is comin’ on n its gunna be pimpin’.  I don’t have much 2 say but I gotta get 2 bed.  Peace out ninja. 

*I will strive 2 be better
In Christ
Heather Marie Lee


Dear Heather,

You didn’t really know Hannah, did you?  But you knew her friends, I guess.  It’s weird how the death of a young person impacts so many other young people.  It’s a big reality check for ya’ll and it is so scary for the parents.  I think you guys feel like you will live forever and nothing bad will ever happen to you. Then Hannah gets killed in a car/train accident and you have to face reality.  Everyone is a lot more careful for a little while – but then people settle back into their old routines and forgets the lessons her death could teach you.
           
I’m glad to know she’s in heaven chillin’ with Jesus.  That’s the hope for a future that I was talking about in one of my earlier letters.  Can you imagine if we believed that there was nothing beyond this life?  If this was all there was – I’d say give me a refund!!

I love you.
Anna           

P.S.  When you start driving.  Remember the lessons from Hannah’s death.  Please.  One of my greatest fears is that I will lose one of ya’ll in a car accident.  I guess my accident makes me more scared than most people.  Just work with your momma, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment