Monday, July 9, 2012

Heather's Journal #14 - No Title - October 18, 2007


Note:  In what feels like a prophetic statement, Heather realizes just how time flies and how short her life on earth really is.  She said she wanted every breath to count for God. I know that at her age, I had no concept of living for God.  No real concept of how brief life is.  No idea what it would mean to walk in faith.  Knowing that her life was even shorter than any of us imagined, I am thrilled that she reached a level of Christian maturity that surpassed her age.  

14
No Title
October 18, 2007

*siiiigh * Here I am again after another looong day. It rained this morning so it got me into a thinking mood right off.  It really seemed like 5 minutes ago I had been drinking my daddy’s coffee out of his coffee cup… remember days like that.  Where it was just me-n-daddy… I miss him.  But that’s not a surprise.  I’m just looking around today and saying to myself .. omg… where the heck has my life gone.  Lol.  Its FLOWN by.  I’m in 9th grade already! AH! And before I know it… I’ll be graduating… then going to college ….staring in to the mirror on my wedding day…having a kid…wow…it just hits me how little time we really have here on earth… and how every single breath counts.  I want every breath to count for God.  Every single one.  That might be a bit of a challenge but I know it’s a good goal.

Oh man…lately I’ve been at peace to say the least.  Everything is still going by so fast but ... in a peaceful sort of way.  Lol.  Last night at church God calmed my heart and He’s cleared my mind from everything that’s been nagging at me for the last few weeks.  It was nice to finally just focus on Him without anything else in the way. 

I’ve been doing good… I just hope that continues.  I keep wondering how long its gonna take for me to get my life back.  I feel like a prisoner right now… even though I’m not behind bars or eating yucky food like they do… not so many tears have been shed from my eyes. ;-) Its more of just thinking…wondering…imagining…you know all the things girls do. - 

I’ve come to remember that I have some of the best friends…and just mainly the best people surrounding me.  For so long I had all these people right here but for some reason I still felt alone in this world and couldn’t figure out why.  WHAT IS UP WITH THIS!!! Omg… I always said I’d never be one of those depressing…upset, confusing teenagers.  But look at me!  I’m the worst of them all!  Lol…

I guess this is just the point in time for us to find out that our parents aren’t perfect…and that its time for us to find out who we really are and who we want to become. I just look at this world… and I’m so terribly sad… for everything that they want us to be.  They want us to look like girls in magazines… and they want us to all be rich…they want, they want, they want…I’m sick of listening to the world and their hopeless obsessions and the need to be something you’ll never be.  I guess I’m on the right track of finding myself. 

Geez.  Now it all makes sense… I have trouble finding a pencil I just had in my hand… no wonder it takes years for me to find myself. Lol.  Funny. Funny.  Well anyways I’ve got soccer here in a in a lil bit but I’m just checking in saying I’m alive, not pregnant.  Lol…ya right…and I’m okay. ;)

I will strive 2 be better
In Christ
Heather Lee

Dear Heather,

This time of your life is so full of change.  You really are in search of yourself.  Learning. Growing.  Making independent decisions – sometimes with guidance – and sometimes alone.  You are deciding what you believe. What you value.  Who you value. 

And it’s time for all that to happen.  You still have us to love you and protect you and guide you, but you aren’t young anymore.  You have to own what you believe and what you value.  You have to know what’s important to you and why.  We can’t just tell you what to believe and expect you to agree.  (Warning:  Don’t confuse your need to learn to think for yourself with our authority to tell you what to do.  We still get to make the primary decisions while you are in training. We still have that responsibility and authority for as long as you are under our roof – in part because it is our roof!  That’s the honor your mother and father part, too!) 

I’m so glad that you recognize that what the world wants isn’t what you want. You have felt the emptiness of living life only for yourself – on your own terms. You have embraced all the world has to offer and been completely disappointed. You have felt lost and lonely and unhappy.

But it’s easy to fall back into your old beliefs.

Remember, the world doesn’t hold your values.  The world doesn’t believe in God.  The world doesn’t recognize a Savior – unless it’s in the form of some celebrity or famous person or someone with money.  You know that the world offers you lots of lies – but they all look so dang appealing. The world can make the ugliest, dirtiest, most disgusting things seem beautiful and interesting and fun.

That’s why you have to surround yourself with others who understand Truth so you can hold each other accountable when you are tempted to fall into the trap of believing the world’s view without realizing it.  Knowing that you won’t be satisfied isn’t enough to stop you.  That’s part of the lie we believe.  We are so desperate for something that makes us feel good – we’re willing to try anything – even what we already know is bad for us. 

Some days it rains and it seems like the world is insane and you can’t figure out what to do.  Other days, the sun is shining.  Life feels good.  And everything is clear and easy and happy.  God likes balance and diversity.  It keeps us on our toes and thinking.  Maybe that’s why God made the sun and the rain. 

Truthfully, that never really changes as you get older.  At least if you are constantly growing and learning more about your purpose in life.  What does get better is our ability to recognize that different days bring different lessons – some easier than others – and that all days lived for God are worth it.

I love You.
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment