Monday, December 31, 2012

Heather's Journal #65. "And I never wanna mis a sunselt." 4/16/08



65
“And I never wanna miss a sunset.”
4/16/08

I feel like writing but I don’t have much to say.  I’ll start off talking about how much I love summer. <3  Today was absolutely gorgeous, that’s what made me say, I never wanna miss a sunset.  I love the sunsets here.  It’s so beautimus.

Okay, so I haven’t liked anyone in a long time… lol.  Wicked Weird & so I’ve been praying that God will send me that special person.  As much as I hate guys… I miss those silly butterflies they give me.  I know I’ll have to wait but maybe it’ll teach me how to be patient.  *smiles * But I’m happy just how I am too.

I will strive2 be better.
In Christ,
Heather Lee

Dear Heather,

I woke up at 5 am this morning (dad was leaving on a trip) and I saw the sun rising over the mountains.  There were a layer of clouds softly blanketing the space between the valley and the peaks of the mountain off in the distance.  The sun crept up over the tip of the mountain, casting a pinkish orangeish light, which then turned to bright orange and then finally, the brightness was so bright it had no color. 

I often wonder why I don’t get up more often just to see the sun rise.  It is such strong evidence of God.  I get the same feeling watching nature around our house.  Everything works together perfectly.  Everything needs each other in some way.  Everything has a purpose – even the annoying things.  How can anybody look at this perfection and believe it was an accident?  A simple evolution of things to the right state.

I can’t believe it because it is not within my realm of experience.  I can’t find two people who can work together perfectly all the time.  I can’t find a small group that is in perfect symbiosis all the time.  I can’t find any group of people that agrees with every other person on everything and then each makes individual changes to suit the needs of the entire group.   

How can I possibly imagine that humans and animals and insects and plants and every other living being somehow managed to coordinate their evolution so well that they were able to evolve separately, but in a way that also maintained the perfect balance and interdependency that exists in nature right now?  I’m not very good with math – but I would say it is statistically impossible for the world and all living things to be what they are today by accident or group evolution.  I can’t even fathom the remote possibility. It simply doesn’t make sense by any standard of man.

Admittedly, the alternative view -- that this world and all living things were created by God – sounds equally impossible.  Unless you believe that God is something more than human and that he is not limited by our knowledge and abilities.  Anyway, at least for me, acknowledging that a Master was in charge of creation is much less crazy than believing that you can rationalize the existence of man.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment