Friday, September 13, 2013

Heather's Journal #89. "Matthew 26.41. Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. ...." 7-16-08


89
“Matthew 26:41.  “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
 The spirit is willing but the body is weak.”

7-16-08

Competing with the world for a heart pure for God has become my biggest game.  How can I possibly grow into a woman who passionately loves the Lord when everyday the world has a head start at winning – shoving everything my body can’t resist into my eyes and my head.  I’m praying for  strength to look past it all and I feel it working but I have to keep it up going back to God frequently when I feel I’ve run out.  I can scream for the temptation to leave but the only thing that works is coming to God.  Why has it taken me so long to come that conclusion?  I want to grow into a Godly woman I’m proud of.  God is preparing the way…

I will love you.
In Christ,            
Heather Marie Lee

Dear Heather,

Satan has already lost the war.  God has won.  But Satan will keep trying.  Don’t let him have any space in your life. Order him to leave.  Again and again if necessary.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment