Sunday, September 29, 2013

Heather's Journal #96."You turned my wailing into dancing ....." 8-6-08



96
Psalm 30:11.  “You turned my wailing into dancing:  You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you & not be silent.”
8-6-08

I believe that I picture God as a man on a gold throne I look up to somewhere above in heaven.  Through the clouds, past the stars and beyond the universe… well tonight God showed me that He’s more of a dad who walks beside me everyday and I fall asleep in His lap. 

For so long I’ve just seen him as a distant God… even when he’s so close.  And He’s always been so close. It has just been my choice whether to hold his hand some days as he walks beside me or not.  I’ve relearned just basic lessons over the summer and it feels like it’s as if it’s my 1st time to learn them.  Like how guys can’t truly make me happy, how I can’t be the one in control, how God is not meant to be distant.  God’s showing it all to me like it’s new when I’ve heard this stuff a million times before. 

I found love.  And I’ve found happiness.  My author of Salvation is my first love…

i will love you.
In Christ,
My father,

Heather Lee


Dear Lord,

You have been faithful.  You have opened her eyes even more.  You have held her heart in yours – softly stroking it to keep her heart beating for You.  She needs that every moment of every day.  Speak to her in ways that her heart can hear.  Satisfy her physical need so that she does not need to look elsewhere for happiness. 

She knows where to find you.  But she cannot sustain it.  She tries to fight the battle alone – and she cannot win alone.  She needs You.  Show her that as many times as she needs it. 

I ask the same for me. 

I love you.
Heather’s Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment