Sunday, September 15, 2013

Heather's Journal #90. "Psalm 73:25-26. ...." 7-21-08


90
“Psalm 73:25-26.  “Whom have I in heaven but you?  And each has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever!”
7-21-08

“My flesh & my heart might fail but God is the strength of my heart…”  My flesh has definitely been boss… even when my soul begs it not to be.  It’s kind of hard to believe because I still somehow can manage to smile… but everything that could go wrong has.  Okay, it always could be worse but I’m just sayin it’s been pretty wild lately.  I’m bouncing back from one extreme to the other constantly.  So, all I end up doing is saying whatever & walk away w/ a smile.  I honestly believe I’m happier this way. 

Am I wrong?  I guess we’ll find out one day…

I will love you.

In Christ,
Heather Marie Lee



Dear Heather,

I’m a little confused.  If you are saying that you are better when you just walk away from God and say, "Whatever!" to him, then you are being trapped by a Lie. 

I can't imagine that you are thinking that you are better off being miserable and pretending like everything is fine.  That doesn’t make sense. 

In my view, the truth is that we all experience highs and lows .  You can choose to accept that as part of the journey without letting it discourage you.  If you choose not to be discouraged, then you can focus on the future – which is the only thing that you can change.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment