Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Heather's Journal #92. "And they say, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. ...." 7-27-08


92
“And they say, ‘Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.  They give us truth deceiving.
  I don’t think that’s truth at all.’”
7-27-08

These late crazy summer nights when I’m 16, I will never ever forget.  Full of smiles, squealing, friendship that never dies and love that never wants to hear the words goodbye.  I feel like I’m supposed to be falling apart but I’m not because I won’t allow anything to get to me. 

I feel like a flower blowing in the wind… something that supposed to be alive and beautiful but hasn’t quite found their place just yet.

I’m living in the bittersweet summer that will eventually bring pain and turn into only a memory.  I never wanna let go, I never wanna move on.  I’m not gunna lie anymore, I’m broken.  I’m fragile.  I’m just trying to get by.

I’m hoping all these summer memories is what’s keeping me goin… all the laughter, all nighters, all the hugs and all the kisses…. every i love you and every skip of a beat from my heart will hold me together.

I should be going to God to hold me together but I can’t look at Him now… I don’t know why I won’t let go and allow Him to be in control because I know I want to… I hope He forgives me and I hope He knows I haven’t forgotten my King, the love of my heart, my God.

i will love you.
In Christ
Heather Marie Lee

“And the say Blah.  Blah.  Blah.  Blah.  They give us love that’s leaving.  I don’t think that’s love.”

“Shades of Pink”

Dear Heather,

What can a mother say?  You know what you need to do.  But at the very core of your being you still cannot Trust.  Not even God.  So you substitute fleeting emotions for true inner peace and hope that laughter and squealing and friendships and love that doesn’t want to say goodbye will sustain you. 

The funny thing is – all of those emotions are great.  Perfect.  Fun.  Expected.  Even desired.  But not as a shield or a wall to separate you from dealing with your issues.  Not when you use them as a weapon to ward off a relationship with God. 

Do you understand that you can have BOTH. Examine yourself.  I do not know the answers sweetheart. Other than prayer. I do not know how to make your heart Trust.  I do not know how to break down the stone walls with barbs and wire that pierce and push away God and people that love you.  But I know that is the problem. 

I love you.
Mom

Dear God,

Tear down the walls.  Open her heart to Trust.  You are unchanging.  Fill the spaces left void from her past.  Answer the questions of her heart.  Help me help her.  Show me the way to be her mother.  Guide me – minute by minute  if necessary – and show me how to  represent You to her.  We need you Lord.

I love you.
Heather’s Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment