Monday, January 28, 2013

Heather's Journal #76. "I look out the window. ...." No Date



76
“I look out the window.  The birds are composing.   Not a note is out of tune or out of place.  I look at the meadow and stare at the flowers.  Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day.”
No Date

Summer is here and it’s kind of weird… I keep forgetting  I’m off the hook for math 101.  I’m really trying to get closer to God this summer rather than falling apart.  My 9th grade year has been by far the hardest.  I can’t believe some of the stuff that’s happened.  And the fact that mom & dad know 99.9% of it.  Lol.  I swear teenage yrs. are designed 2 be living hell!  9th grade for me was  all about agonizing over something I might get caught for, jumping from one place2 the other, & truly coming clean.

This summer I wanna slow down… I wanna actually finish a book.  I wanna wake up  and for once not think I’m in trouble when mom calls my name to come clean up or something.  And I wanna hang out w/ Kat!  She’s been busy & I can hardly ever pull her away from school!  I just wanna slow life up a lil bit and breath. 

I wonder what 10th grade hold for me… wow, this is what it’s like.  Growing up, has been fun.  Wow~

I will strive to be better.
In Christ,
Heather Lee

Dear Heather,


It sounds like you need rest.  God created us for rest.  It’s when we rejuvenate.  I’m not very good at rest and it shows in my mood and my patience level. 

Slowing down to experience all the little parts of life is so important.  When you sat over the waterfall quietly, allowing yourself to take in the beauty and rest, you heard from God.  He doesn’t speak louder than all the noise and chaos around us.  Rest and you can hear.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment