Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mom Adds to Yesterday's Letter to Heather.


Dear Heather,
You know how it feels when God wants you to know and understand something and it gets repeated in unrelated conversations until you catch on? Well, I wrote to you about temptation yesterday, but I didn’t give any verse – which you know is typical for me. :-(


I know the truth because I heard it every day, but because I didn’t really know what a bible was until 7th grade and I didn’t become an evangelical Christian until well into adulthood, I have never been disciplined enough to commit the verses to memory.  (And I haven't done a good job of making ya'll memorize either.)  As a result, I usually have to look things up.  Or, like today, God made sure I heard it from another source.
Anyway, I was flipping stations on the radio and at just the right moment, I heard someone quote this part of Corinthians 10.  It was clear I was supposed to hear it.  He probably knew I would never get around to looking it up, but it confirms what I said to you yesterday.
Corinthians 10:12-13 (NIV)
“So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
The funny thing is that it also confirms your experience yesterday that I didn't talk about.  God gave you a way out or your temptation. And he promises not to give you more than you can bear.


Thank goodness you took your out.  I have no idea what you had planned, but knowing you – it would have been something you regretted!!

I Love You.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment