Monday, August 6, 2012

Heather's Journal #36. "It's all for you. This world has nothing for me." 12-24-07


36
“It’s all for you. This world has nothing for me.”
12-24-07

Merry Christmas.   New years is about 2 be here and I can hardly believe it.  It’s Christmas Eve and I’m really trying to give all my attention 2 God.  I’m so fed up with getting lost in presents & the world -  I’d much rather spend time w/ God.  :-) Presents r awesome, don’t get me wrong.  God – He’s just the best.

What’s it gonna take to get through to this generation?  The more I think about it – the more thoughts spin out of control.  I’ve been praying that God will build a strong generation who go after Him w/ all their hearts.  That He’ll build a shield around us so we can chase after Him through this lonely world.  And He can start right here w/ me. 

I want every breath I take 2 be 4 God.  This world – it has a nothing to offer me… I want God 2 be in complete control.  I want this world to be able 2 come face 2 face w/ God’s love – How can they reject Him??? I   mean – it seems like He’d be worth the risk – right? 

I don’t understand what you could lose.  But the truth is, He will be rejected & people will continue 2 live in their own small little world of limited understanding & life.  It truly breaks my heart.  :sigh : I give it up   2 God.  May His will be done.  Our generation is so hard 2 get through to.  Most of us don’t even bother trying 4 fear of rejection – which unfortunately I understand most of the time.    “I’m so sick of feeling limited but our world only offers that -- 

It sux but I feel bad 4 the generations 2 come.  I’ve been praying about going 2 public High School next year.  But I only wanna go if I’m truly ready.  I want the chance 2 get through to at least someone. I’ve see the worst of the world – I just want the opportunity to finally find my place & chase after God w/ all I have.  I’m so used 2 my small little world where it pretty much consists of Christian home schoolers.  It’s provided new/ a strong foundation but I think I’m ready to take that a step further.  If God allows me.  I’ll wait if I’m not ready. I’m praying about it in advance though.  I for one know how fast time can fly. 

That’s all 4 now – it’s just what’s on my mind. 

*I will strive to be better.
In Christ,
Heather Marie Lee


Dear God,

What more could I say? I admire Heather’s heart for You.  I know she sees the bigger picture and wants to pursue You fully and completely.  She’s so much happier when she is pursuing You.   She just doesn’t know how to do that consistently.  The truth is, most of us don’t know how to do that.  I know I struggle every day.  Knowing the Truth, but trying to figure how to make myself irrelevant so that I can totally focus on You is so hard. 

We are such self-centered people.  Always trying to make it about us.  And our Western Culture pushes us in that direction every day.  Heather wonders how to reach her generation.  I wonder that too.  The world seems to be winning the war for their attention.  Heck, for our attention.  There’s so much busyness and not enough time.  And she’s right… time flies by.

Lord, I pray for Heather, for myself, for my husband and other children, for this generation.  Help us decrease the chaos, clutter and busyness and find You in it all.  Direct our attention to You.  We love You.  We want to be in relationship with You.  But it’s a constant battle to make ourselves less and You more.

I Love You.
Heather’s Mom

1 comment: