Monday, July 1, 2013

Heather's Journal #87. "Dance with me" 7-9-08


87
“Dance with Me”
7-9-08
Another early morning… I’m halfway satisfied & half-way disappointed.  Why am I seeking out guys2 fix this lonely heart of mine?  When I already know so well that they always let me down.  I wanna be beautiful to someone so bad but it’s never long before I push even them away. 

No explanation.  But I continue to sit here broken… why can’t I just be emotionless?

Where is my Lord?  He’s all I need, so why am I left wanting more?  Am I not seeking him fully?

Why do I have such strong cravings for something else?  I beg God to take my heart and wrap it in the biggest vine of thorns and keep it locked up until He says otherwise.  Take my desires out of sight, out of power. Please.

I will strive to be better.
In Christ,
Heather Lee

Dear Heather,

You are seeking out guys because you can see them and feel them and touch them and talk to them.  They can say the words “You are beautiful” even if they do not mean them.  You are longing for so much.  Yet you know that you are running in the wrong direction and it doesn’t feel like you can stop yourself.  It must feel like an addicition to alcohol or drugs or even food.  You know it is bad for you but you want it anyway with the hopes that it will give just a moment of pleasure to ease the pain that you feel. 

I don’t have all the answers.  I wish I could say more.  All I can say is that you are not alone.  Other people feel the way you do.  And God is waiting beside you for permission to rescue you.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment