Monday, May 13, 2013

Heather's Journal #84. No Title. July 2, 2008


84
No Title
July 2, 2008

I’m getting tired of getting my prayers mixed up with my thoughts… I can hardly pay attention to myself think anymore…Oh God… where have I gone wrong… how have I buried my pain so far deep I haven’t even begin to understand how much I’m hurting.  I’m trying not to get caught up in drama… like the typical teenage girl who cries herself to sleep every night… because that’s soooo gay.  But instead of becoming numb to all my emotions.  What happened to things being real…?

Feeling something that was actually worth it.  I’ve strayed from you Lord… again.  The last time I came to you, I said the same thing… and the very next day I lost you again.  Why am I walking away?  I’m not meaning to hurt your feelings… because all I wanna do is stand hand in hand with you and prove to you I love you with all of my heart. But I’m not… and I’m sorry.  I’m sorry…. Seems like I say those words a lot. 

I’ve noticed that I’ve been going to guys a lot lately….for answers….for feelings that seem real… something to keep me content. 

I remember this road…how lonely I still felt when I reached the end.

God I’m desperate.  I’m so sorry.  I feel so weak and helpless right now.  Ya know… normally when a baby is born, when you have breathed life into its lungs, the beginning is a living miracle.  That baby sits there, innocent and precious beyond any human capacity to ever know … and it’s completely perfect. 

Until that baby gets older and is able to make mistakes of their own.  Well….I feel like the beginning was a mistake.  From day one, July 17, 1992, I have felt wrong.  I’ve always felt wrong even when I had the right not to. 

As I look back… as the memories dance once again in my head, I’m realizing that all of that wasn’t normal.  That every kid doesn’t do those things.  God I don’t want self pitty… I don’t want to ever feel bad for myself because you have taken me out of the Enemy’s jaws and rescued me. 

I’m not upset with you and I don’t ask “Oh, how could you ever allow such awful things to happen?”  Bad things happen to good people all the time.  That’s not the problem. 

For as long as I can remember I didn’t understand why I had to deal with my past.  Why should it effect me 9 yrs. later… I didn’t want to be the one who couldn’t hold herself up with her strength alone after all this time. 

God, I’m dying on the inside.  Please save me.  The problem lies within me.  Knowing it’s okay to be mad about it, to recognize little girls don’t grow up like that, is the beginning of the process… I see that now Lord… I see.

I pray that you lead me in this  process so I can rise up and be the woman you have planned for me.  I want to be the best I can be God. 

I wish the words I love you could mean so much more…. Words are all I have for now.  My life’s a love song to you and at the end of it, I want to know I have succeeded.  That I have conquered this life with your help from above.

I will strive to be better.

Dear Heather,

I know it doesn’t feel like success, but I can say with confidence that you are succeeding at this thing we call life far more than many kids your age.  Not because you are perfect, but because you are carefully examining your life.  Many people - me included – go through the teen years without any thought of whether we are following God’s plan for our lives.  I was a goody two shoes – so it didn’t feel like I was in desperate need of God.  Some of my friends were the exact opposite – troublemakers – but they were so absorbed in the thrill of the ride that they didn’t care what God thought.  As Wendell Berry said of one of his charcters in Jayber Crow.  “His faults, if he knew them, never laid heavy on his mind.” (p. 134)

I think that was true of both me and my friends.  I didn’t recognize my faults because I thought I was doing things pretty well.  My friends knew better, but that didn’t really bother their mind too much.

You are so much further along than I ever was at your age.  I think the fact that you know you need God is a really good thing.  You learn to depend on Him much faster than I ever did.  I don’t wish I had your difficuluties – but I wish I had your wisdom and your heart – even now.    I’m impressed by your perseverance.

You are doing a good job.   God knows your heart and that is what he cares about.  He knows the struggles you face.  He’s just waiting patiently.

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment